• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

innovative uses for deuce parts

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an old deuce frame that I was thinking about scraping a couple of weeks ago but never got around to it. I'm glad I didn't. On my deuce dump project I've used several parts off of it that I never knew I needed.

I found out that if you need to move your air tanks you can take another set of tank brackets, invert them, cut off one tank cradle, cut one cradle off of the tank bracket still on the truck, and you can mount the other tank upsidedown on the opposite frame rail.

I also found out that if your t-case PTO shift linkage is missing you can make one out of the cutch linkage off another truck. All you need to do is shorten it a little and it bolts right up.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess we will see an endless list of alternative uses for parts...! Recycle, re-use, etc.
For example Deuce suspension shackles W/bushings & bolts plus front bumper brackets are good ingredients for (dump) hinges... :wink:

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks