• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inside Door numbers

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This just occured to me.... what are the numbers stenciled on the inner, lower door panel on the deuce?

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Usually the serial # or VIN of the truck. Common practice as other units liked to steal other units truck for parts. Kind of an antitheft deterrent, provided the other units didn't have a rattle can

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Normally it is just the registration number. I never used them to inventory by and the only time they were used (the painted ones on the door) was a quick reference when refueling vehicles and maintenance while away from you own organization (ie general support maintenance). On trailers and generators the reg number was not always on the data plate so there they were important and in danger of getting painted over. When they did, we had to check the database to get them and restencil them on.

ida34

Bumper numbers change from time to time while the reg number was fixed unless the truck was disposed of or transferred to another branch of service.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks