• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installed Michelin tires

dirtyfingernails

Finally got the XLs mounted and installed. I know many have these and larger too, but I was excited to change the NDCCs out. These are HEAVY! Those with 1100s on bobbed dueces, what tire pressure do you maintain? I have 65 up front and 40 in back. Front wandered a little which it didn't do with the NDCCs.
Steve

Attachments

Cdub

Nice........very NICE...........you just gota love those XL's, they just look totally SICK.

btw.....I run 60 pounds all around in my five ton cargo with the 14 x 20 XL's.

C'dub

alphadeltaromeo

I like the look of it as well. So tell me...how do you like driving it bobbed now? Can you give me a run down on how it performs vs. the standard deuce configuration?

dirtyfingernails

RE: Re: RE: Installed Michelin tires

Last time I drove a full deuce was at Ft. Sill in 1982! I think the exhausts all exited above the tandem (is that the earlier diesel engine--427?). Anyway, I bought this one cut down by Dave Newman at Eastern Surplus. It drives great on the road. Very straight and easier to manuever. It fits into parking places even! I am very happy with it cut down. Dave's been great about the whole deal and I would buy from him again in a second! Wheels will be painted this weekend!
Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks