• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installed My Raptor Lift Pump Today

acesneights1

Well my 6.2 has the usual drain back issues common to the factory mechanical LP. You can replace it with another one or installed a check valve I suppose but I personally just don't like them. A stock LP for a 6.5 or a Walbro FRB-5 is more than sufficient for a 6.2, even a modded one but since thanks to the f'in scumbags at Lee's Auto Ranch in Ellington CT I now own two so doesn't make much sense to go out and buy one when I have this little beast. Let me just reiterate. The use of a 400$ Raptor LP is absolutely unnecessary for a 6.2 but I had one and it's a **** good LP. Now that said the LP is fully adjustable so after install I put a gauge on it ad dropped it down to 8 Psi at idle which until I turbo it should be more than enough. I have some cleaning up to do on the piping as I didn't have a couple fittings I needed. Nice thing is there is a t block on the CUCV inside the pass side wheel well. Not sure if Civilian models have his but it made the install easier and nice place to tap for a gauge. The only thing I'm not sure of is what fuel pressure I should be sending to the DB2. I know too much can screw with the cold advance. Anyone know the stock spec ?

Attachments

kipman

I installed a cheap one, it is putting out 5 psi, works fine, but a little noisy. I will up grade when I get a good deal on a better pump.

acesneights1

Yeah Like I said this thing is way overkill but I had it so why not use it. I just want to make sure 8 psi isn't too much and messing with the advance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks