• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing a main switch with key

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
My 1973 M51A2 5-ton has no ignition key or any other key braking the electrical circuit, only the standard switch. That means when I am out, anybody can easy come in and play with the switches. Or I can forget to switch something off. Or something can get loose and drain the batteries while I am away, or...or...:-(

Did anybody ever installed a main circuit braker with key on the positive cable, probably near the batteries?

mckeeranger

My 1973 M51A2 5-ton has no ignition key or any other key braking the electrical circuit, only the standard switch. That means when I am out, anybody can easy come in and play with the switches. Or I can forget to switch something off. Or something can get loose and drain the batteries while I am away, or...or...:-(

Did anybody ever installed a main circuit braker with key on the positive cable, probably near the batteries?
I've seen posts of people here that have.

Our deuce has a main batt disconnect under the passenger seat. I've been thinking about replacing it with a keyed switch from something like a caterpillar or other heavy equipment.

I like the idea better than just a lock on the fuel cut-off, because the starter has the power to move the truck, when in gear.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
clinto i see you know how to use the search function!
or at least knows how to put in the right terms ;). I never would have tought to inlcude ignition as term.

But as another member already mentioned earlier, if everybody would use the search function to good effect, a lot less traffic and fun would go on at this forum..

ok ok ok, don't shout, I'm already reading the suggested links and will continue there (thanks for the hints)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks