• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance and reg. on a m925a2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently purchased a m925a2 and wanted to know how people here in CA are registering and insuring their trucks. I have used the search function and could not find anyone that is currently trying to insure and registered a truck like mine. I find tons of threads for the Deuce people doing it, but almost none for mine. From what I do know I can't register it as a historical vehicle it's not old enough(1989). I tried GIECO and progressive they said they could not insure me because my truck fell in a gray area of RV and commercial. Tried a local insurance guy that said that I needed commercial insurance. He gave me a quote of $400 a month:!:. I'm in my mid 30's no tickets no accidents. Please help.

Bighurt

Depending on the underwritter assigned your case, State Farm may cover it...

Move.. With that truck in CA you'll need deep pockets to keep it on the road. Nearly every state aside from those that will let it fall into RV will see it as commercial. Commercial registration needs commercial einsurance, and commercial DL. All very spendy to keep unless you have a use or deep pockets.

Also keep in mind 3 axles in CA at that weight creates paperwork nightmares.

Wish I had the funds and I'd make you an offer, so when you get tired of dealing with CA in 6 months you can off load the truck.

nopics

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks