• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NC Insurance for a M936A2 for personal use

RPMRPM

Looking for my options here in NC for insuring a M936A2 wrecker I’ve got a Class A non-Commercial drivers license and picked the M936A2 up for pulling parts for my personal vehicles from the scrap yard and towing them back to my house or use for working on heavy stuff at my house but can’t seem to find out who here in NC will insure it and what the cheapest option will be since it’s for personal not commercial work

thanks for the help ahead of time

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know if NC and IN branches of State Farm have the same options available to them, but my agent wrote my deuce as a 'commercial vehicle used for non commercial purposes'. The cost is reasonable compared to other policies I have. You might try mentioning that phrase to your insurance agent and see if it helps.

RPMRPM

I don't know if NC and IN branches of State Farm have the same options available to them, but my agent wrote my deuce as a 'commercial vehicle used for non commercial purposes'. The cost is reasonable compared to other policies I have. You might try mentioning that phrase to your insurance agent and see if it helps.
Awesome I’ll call and ask thanks for the info

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looking for my options here in NC for insuring a M936A2 wrecker I’ve got a Class A non-Commercial drivers license and picked the M936A2 up for pulling parts for my personal vehicles from the scrap yard and towing them back to my house or use for working on heavy stuff at my house but can’t seem to find out who here in NC will insure it and what the cheapest option will be since it’s for personal not commercial work

thanks for the help ahead of time
Another good option here in North Carolina is Farm Bureau. State Farm is good too. Both write a commercial policy - mostly because of the size of the vehicle, but it won't need to be tagged as a commercial vehicle. Don't be surprised when the first Agent that you talk to says no... Keep calling. Find an old guy who has been selling insurance for a while - and he or she will hook you up...

charlesmann

I use progressive with a commercial policy.
I talked to state farm for insuring my farm tractor, in addition to a policy for my autos and home. They were half ($440) of what kubota was asking for a yearly policy. I asked the agent about my 936A2, and he had to phone friend in a dallas office and she said something about either a commercial policy or a private policy like what i would have for my tractor, but would have to check in to it. Iv gotta check back in mon to see what came about the other agent’s research and underwriter policy.

Im in texas, so i cant say for NC, but if state farm or farm bureau cant help you, check progressive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks