• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinrdb

Has anyone got a recommendation around vehicle insurance for a deuce ? I may carry people short distances as part of a business venture so it will have to be commercial I guess. If it makes a difference, I'm in MO area.

Thanks,

Martin

Opie

Hi Martin, welcome aboard!

There's a lot of information on the board about different member's insurance experiences, but you may be the first from the Show Me state.

A search (top of the page just between the Saturn Surplus link and the title for this forum) on the word "insurance" in posts from any date that I ran came up with thirty seven posts - a few of which are really juicy/food for thought. :burger: (Sorry. I've wanted to use this emoticon for a while and couldn't resist.)

I use USAA, which is for former military and foreign service officers (and their families). Six months for me is running $115 (34, no recent accidents/tickets, married, <5k miles a year, more vehicles than drivers, have home insurance with them, "pleasure use" [:)] ).

I DID ask for the anti-theft discount for the battery disconnect and the steering wheel to driver's seat chain (and saved maybe $3), but I really didn't have to elaborate...

Some others use Gulfway the Farmer's Bureau or State Farm with varying degrees of success. Knowing your agent seems to help A LOT.

Good luck with your search and the DMV.

Gatnom

It seems the insurance ? comes up pretty frequently so a search may help. I have had all my ins. through USAA for almost 20 years without incident, but they would not touch the deuce due to being over 10k lbs. Opie: You might want to talk to them as they said if they foundout misinformation was given at the time of insureing, they may not honor a claim! They would only sell a commercial policy written by Progressive for $1200/yr. Progressive wanted $2300 for the same policy direct. I bought a poilcy with similar limits through Gulfway (Travelers) for $225/yr Non-Comercial. No weight/use restriction (other than comercial use). If you can claim Farm use you may get a break as well, (my local State Farm agent was willing to work with me there, but took to long on a quote and I had to do something quick so never followed it up) It pays to shop around. It would be interesting to hear if anyone has had to use their insurance and how the companies were to deal with. Please post back with what you find. Dave

Elohim1

I got antique insurance thru State Farm for about $90.00 a year :smilewinkgrin: , but Fred Rader couldnt get that for his through State Farm and will have to go with Commercial for around $500 a yr. :freaked: Go Figure?????

fredrader

I had mine insured thru state farm for $35 for 6 months and I have historic tags on it for $30 for life of the truck..State farm just called me and informed me that now I have to pay $230 per 6mo now for commercial insurance.. :banghead:

ironhorsethegeneral

Hi we have been using Gulfway and so far so good. We did not have to get commercial insurance. Progressive put it non-commercial but commercial price. (don't use). Gulfway did not have a mileage limit. Like they said read the insurance post and all the details are there. Good luck!!

DeuceCoop

I went through about 20 insurers and only two of them would touch the Deuce. Commercial was 2,000 a year here in Va. I went with JC Taylor for Antique insurance for $78.00 a year, with the usual stipulations of "pleaure driving, events, parades, etc." I have a friend who runs a canoe business who would love for me to run canoe shuttles for him, but at 2,000 a year it is not worth it. Antique, ahoy matel Good luck!

DeuceCoop

fredrader

I contacted JC Taylor and they said $57 a year for full coverage on my deuce @ $3000 [thumbzup]

I sent em a check and am hoping for the best..I wanted to stay with state farm but $$

I probably won't put 1500-2000 mi a year on it so I just wanted the least expencive premium I could find..

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have mine insured through Hagerty Insurance as an antique. Its insured for $3500 @ $78/year. It has to be stored inside a locked garage,cant be driven off road or used commercially. State Farm wouldnt even touch it and my agent is a family friend.

fredrader

Well State Farm decided to insure my Deuce w/Antique-Classic insurance for $69 a year [thumbzup] I had already sent my check to J.C.Taylor for $57 for a year but I decided to go with State Farm since I have all my other insurance with them..

Low-Tech-Redneck

Erie insurance covered us wihtout a fuss, but, I don't think they know what it really is, we had it registered as an "antique" and since it was kaiser-buit, we told them it's an "Army Jeep" so I think they think it's an m151, but shhhhhhh... don't tell

bomar76

We have full coverage ($500 ded collision, $100 ded comprehensive, uninsured motorist, bodily injury, property damage, medical) with a $10K vehicle value from State Farm for only $50.80 a half.

No inside storage BS, or mileage limits.

We had to submit photos of it and they are fully aware of what it is......the agents secretary's hubby drove one in the US Army. All the people at the office there are dieing to ride in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.