• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting finding while working on the M51 Trailer

67Beast

While I have been waiting on a few replacement parts to arrive from a Surplus Dealer for the 4a084 motor in the M51 shelter trailer, I have found some other interesting things. The shelter unit and the generator all seem to be dated from 1968. But the marking on the trailer seemed to indecate that it was 1967 or earlier. The build date on the 105 is damaged and can not be read. Well while working undernieth the trailer it is appearant that the trailer was modified to make a M51 and was not produced as one. The holes for the various drains and things all look to have been made from a hole saw. So could it have been possible for them to use a trailer produced and numbered in 1967 and install the shelter equipment in 1968? All the dates I found on the shelter equipment seems to indicate early March of 68'.

Plus as a bonus, all the equipment in the tool box looks brand new and never been used. There is even still items sealed in foil packaging!

67Beast

Not yet, the magneto was missing from the motor so I ordered a new one from Saturn Surplus along with new plugs and a few items. When I got the new magneto it said to remove the drive gear from the old one. Since I don't have the old magneto I didn't have the gear. Saturn has one on the way to me. In the mean time I've clean out all the old gas, and checked everything over so that I'm good to go tomorrow when the gear shows up. I did a compression test and had between 175 -165 on all the cylinders. Hopefully I can get it running and set up in the next few days.

littlebob

Let me know how its going. I had to take a break on mine after getting it running and setting up, I have to finish the Deuce. I know my next challenge will be to convert to R134 freon.
littlebob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks