• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting MKT Vin Question

pitmaster t

I got an MKT last year and it is stored in a storage facility big enough to open it while its inside and I have been tweaking it a bit as the months roll on.

I am about to register it in Texas as a HMV but when I bought it, the tag I was shown was the MKT ID tag you see. However, it also has a rather hastily scribed out M103 trailer Vin tag as well....

here's the caution, LOL, Vin number -- 789. Of course there HAS to be an actual 789... just why mine and why must it be scribbled on by hand. However the MKT plate is 2321 of course... which it also says that on the little shipping sticker (white).

Any explanations?

The title, from AZ (Govt Liquidators to the dude I bought it from, Notarized and all) lists it as an MKT 85, by Penn Manufacturing and a build date of 1989.... BUT he used the trailer VIN on the title.

any forseeable problems? and who was that guy that made up stamped vin tags on here? LOL

Attachments

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
In my former life, I use to deal with this exact question about 3 or 4 times a year. The trailer is technically an MKT and from the military standpoint, the VIN is the serial number for the MKT-85 and that was how it was tracked by the govt.

As for the other question, that I don't have the answer for. Not sure how easy it would be to get all that changed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks