• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior Colors (dash / door panels)

carter262

I am looking at getting a M1009. The one I'm looking at appears to have a a tan dash and door panels. The owner said he has not changed anything out on it. To my knowledge they all came with burgundy interiors. Is this correct? In the big picture this is not a big deal but I am more curious than anything else.

Thanks

85CUCVtom

I've seen burgandy dash and burgandy door panels, grey dash and burgandy doors, I've even seen blue doors and a grey dash.

I'm sure there are others too.

Burgundy is the stock color. But the military changed them out sometimes...or the police/fire/forestry/hwy dept that bought them from the military. Original one got sunbaked, cracked, and torn up, so they grabbed whatever ones they could get. The Air-Force and Navy often had blue, grey, or tan non-CUCV Chevy trucks, so they could have had matching interiors, and had the dash pulled out of one of those and put in the cucv.

I wouldn't worry about it, CUCV's got a decent amount of hobbled together interior parts. Burgundy, grey, and blue are commonly found in CUCVs. Tan was a very common color in civilian C/K trucks.

tmuenster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced the burgundy dash, seat cover and door panels with tan my my CUCV. I think the color goes better with the OD Green. I will see if I can post some better pics but I think you can see the contrast in the background of this steering wheel pic.

Attachments