• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior/Exterior Temp Gauge in Rocker Switch Profiile

gslader

I'm looking for an interior / exterior temp gauge that would fit in one of the cut-outs for the rocker switches in the dashboard (44mm x 22mm). Anyone have any luck tracking something like that down. I bought one of these but it doesn't quite fit (too small). Any suggestions great appreciated.

Temp Gauge.jpg

coachgeo

I'm looking for an interior / exterior temp gauge that would fit in one of the cut-outs for the rocker switches in the dashboard (44mm x 22mm). Anyone have any luck tracking something like that down. I bought one of these but it doesn't quite fit (too small). Any suggestions great appreciated.

View attachment 885451
more info to help you search with
Size for Dash Panel switches aftermarket (44x 22 mm or 1.74 x .87 in hole switches)

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 885451
3d print an adapter to snap into. What size hole is this made for?

gslader

View attachment 885451
@Guruman: I've poked around a bit looking for adapters - the temp gauge that I bought is for a Toyota or Hilux (and unfortunately the only dual gauge temps I can find seem to be made for Toyota) and they seem to have a weird proprietary size (either 40.5mm x 22mm or 33mm x 22.5m) and I can't find an adapter for them. There are plenty of adapters for type L rockers to type V rockers but none that really fit the gauge I have.

@serpico760 : 3D printing maybe the way to go but with the list of other things I need to work on, if this is the route I have to go, it'll end-up farther down the list.

@coachgeo: Was there a link in your post or were you sharing the cut-out size (sorry if I missed something).

Anyway, thanks all for taking the time to comment. I'll keep looking and report back if I find anything.

Third From Texas

The rocker cutouts in the LMTV dash are "Series-L"
1.734” x . 867” [44.0mm x 22.0mm]

The more common automotive rocker is a "Series-V"
.83" x 1.45" [21.08mm x 36.83mm]

So you want an adaptor for a Series-V switch to fit into a Series-L cutout. It seems that like those crazy military engineers, the crazy Canadians use the L-series in their Polaris vehicles (which means there is a demand). Given that the thermometer you posted displays in "C" (which appears to be Canadian for "cold" or something) it should work.

With that little tidbit of knowledge, I was able to find the adaptors in several places:

Last edited:

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 885451
Who makes this?

gslader

The rocker cutouts in the LMTV dash are "Series-L"
1.734” x . 867” [44.0mm x 22.0mm]

The more common automotive rocker is a "Series-V"
.83" x 1.45" [21.08mm x 36.83mm]

So you want an adaptor for a Series-V switch to fit into a Series-L cutout. It seems that like those crazy military engineers, the crazy Canadians use the L-series in their Polaris vehicles (which means there is a demand). Given that the thermometer you posted displays in "C" (which appears to be Canadian for "cold" or something) it should work.

With that little tidbit of knowledge, I was able to find the adaptors in several places:

I really appreciate the footwork and wish the solution was that easy. The only temp gauges I have been able to find are for Toyota/HiLux which appear to have an odd proprietary rocker cut-out size (40.5mm x 22mm) so very close to the L-Series cut-out but different enough that it doesn’t fit. I thought about tryin to to modify and V-series adapter but I don’t think that will work either.

I think at this point I’ll just find a way to incorporate that temp gauge when I redo my ceiling.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks