• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior Paint Color on Deuce

JDToumanian

Unless there's some oddity that I'm not aware of, the interior should be the same color as whatever your exterior is painted.

Jon

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the factory, they all got the same paint, in and out. If the truck got a depot rebuild, the "new paint" would just be on the outside of the truck. if your truck got a tan paint job at the unit level, you'd have a tan exterior, as the inside was left alone. Uncle doesnt care much about inside paint jobs......

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Now, I have a slightly different question about cab colors:

My '67 is originally OD, probably 24087. Most of the switches, throttle and engine stop handles, etc., match this.

But what if you had a deuce that was built new in say 1988? The cab interior would be CARC, would the switches, handles, levers, etc. match, or would they be OD as well?

Painting my cab soon, want it to look right.

houdel

My '70 Kaiser Jeep was rebuilt and repainted at Tooele Army Depot in '89, OD CARC interior and 3 color Camo CARC exterior. Both doors have "CARC 1989" stenciled in black on the inner door panel slightly below the window level.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think all the switchs and stuff go in after painting. So they would be just the color of the plastic.
That was the answer I needed-thanks Jason.

Now I know what I need to do when I paint the dash

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the true "Get it done NOW, SOLDIER" type paint job, the Division Paint shop would paint everything NOT masked off. So if you forgot to mask off the windshield or speedo or whatever, it got painted... No kidding... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks