• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior Plastics Refurb

GreesyBlazer43

Hey Everyone,

I am refurbing a 86 m1009 and I cant figure out how to make the door panals and dash plastics look like new again? I am thinking of sanding them down from a low grit down to a really high grit and shooting them with that new plastic bonding clear coat? Has any one done this before? Does it work? Pics would be much appreciated. Does any one sell new maroon/brown/red colored military panals and seat covers? I really love that color and want to keep it. It makes the truck, and I have never seen that color in a civilian chevy. Is it military issue? LMC and the other guys dont seem to have that color. Maybe its the computer screen or picture reproduction? I would rather keep it all original and really love that color. Any help? Please any and all ideas shoot??? Thank You.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are multiple products out there that will "renew" the plastic pieces. Regular paint is not how to do it. Vinyl dye is what you need.

SEM makes a cleaner and dye that works great. Many people have done that.

The "bronze" color was a military only color. You will not find it at LMC. There has been many posts speculating as to why the military chose that color. Do a search and you will have a bunch of reading material.

You can special order the "bronze" color at you local auto paint supply house.

A SS member posted the paint code. You will have to search for it as I don't have time right now.