• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International five ton Air Force

Ok here are pictures of my 1987 ex Air Force runway truck , I got off the GSA after a fire company had it.

It still has the original air force warning stickers for crossing a runway.

There is the usual military data plate and loading information.

It has a military designed bed and a automatic transmission. It is 22,000 GVW which in Pennsylvania is not a CDL truck but it has full air brakes ! And yes I checked, even though its air brakes I still do not need a CDL. Even though I have one. Its Not air over hydraulic.

It has military trailer hookups and pintle hook. This truck looks like a International 1654 but it is wired unlike any I have seen. The bed looks like a military cargo bed it even has the slots for top bows.

Its a real cross between a military truck and a civilian truck.

Attachments

The orange thing on the Air Force trailer is a very large Sewer Rodder. Its a gas powered 450 foot long sewer snake. I have used it a lot in my business.

One of these days I am going to repaint my equipment.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome and unique truck!

Is there anything about TM's on the data plate?

Or maybe research the NSN on the 'net for the TM's.

What are you needing to diagnose on the electrical?

Rick