• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inverter Question

tgtaylor64

I just bought a 750W 12V inverter to power some AC needs. I found that the old radio buss on the side has 24V in the back. What do I need to do to convert that to 12V to run the inverter? Is it as simple as adding the correct resistor?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could wire the buss direct to the front battery giving you 12 Volts. It will be wired to the terminal on the firewall where the slave cables are wired. Just disconnect it there and connect it to the front battery.

wkbrdngsnw

That's what I did but it won't reach all the way to the front battery so I flipped the second battery around and hooked the rear bus bar lead to the Negative of the second battery. It works great for about 1500 watts, anything more and the one battery can put out enough. Just watch out since its really frustrating when the front battery goes dead and the relay wont hold closed long enough to start off the second.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could run the correct sized cable to the positive side of the first battery. I purchased a 24V inverter on the internet. It's 800watts. I went this route because i wanted to use the power from the second alt. And not have the first alt do all the work. Just google 24V inverter there are alot of them out there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks