• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iowa recovery recon

50shooter

Hi guys

Bless my folks for doing some recon for me today so I could save a vacation day for the actual recovery. Problem is they missed a few "minor" points such as; air shift or not, starts and runs or not, turbo or not. I do know that they have all there tires windshield wipers and shackles. They really did take a lot of notes and pictures.

Overall trucks look good. Great tires all around w/ new spares and one has a turret hole w/cover. The kids are going to have a fun time w/that.

I currently own a turbo deuce and don't know what a n/a engine looks like. I can't see the turbo in these pics.

Are these turbo engines?

Thanks and I'll send more pics during the recovery.
Jason

Attachments

crazyplowboy

The trucks with turbos have the intake pipe from the air cleaner that goes downward like the ones in the pics. Non turbo trucks have the pipe going straight from the air cleaner to the intake manifold. Atleast that is my understanding.

dittle

From what I saw in IA in January all of the Deuces are upgraded to "D" engines with turbos. I don't remember seeing one of them there that was not turbo equipped (granted I didn't see them all). I also think that most (if not all) of the IA trucks are air shift and all have heaters in them. From what the motor pool Sgt. all of the trucks ran to get to the lot and should be able to be driven off the base. Some have dead batteries but they should have the equipment onsite to either pull start you or jump you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks