• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP throttle shaft seal replacement mistake?

welpro222

Well I was working on replacing my throttle shaft seals and when I was trying to remove the guide stud holding the min-max spring, the allen head broke. Now I can't remove it? What r my options if anybody has experienced this?

Chaski

RuhRoh...
Can you get any sort of pliers on the rod with the lid removed? I have a bunch of injection pump parts if you end up butchering parts getting it apart

bchauvette

General broken screw removal advice......

Can you cut a screw driver slot into the broken stud with a Dremel tool and a thin cut off blade? Possibly cutting into the surrounding area for a full slot in the stud.

welpro222

I ended up putting a rebuilt pump in and boy what a difference in performance, I guess the leaky one was getting tired. Starts right up hot or cold and runs great.

cucvrus

Yes that is the only way to go. Seems to work every time I have problems. It is a lot less frustrating and inexpensive to just replace the defective pump. Sooner then play try this try that and still end up replacing the pump in the end.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks