• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Irish m1009 history

HOWEY

Hey guys and galls,
i know the good CARNAC was doing an excellent job sourcing vehicle history by vin number submissions, but even he too had to say no more....
My question is can anyone fill his shoes????
I have an 85 m10009 with usmc markings but id say shes ARMY origanally.

VIN 1GCGD34J5FF358773
REG 85 K1 1298
NSN 2320011236827

Any help appreciated..... thanks

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 85 K1 1298 looks like a USAF registration.

85 would be the year taken on inventory by the USAF (usually the vehicle year, but not necessarily).

The K indicates tactical truck (as opposed to C for admin types; B for bus: L for trailers; etc.).

The last part would be the number in sequence that vehicle was taken on inventory that year. According to Sarge, who ran a motorpool in the USAF for many years, the maximum for the last number should be four digits (minimum of two, as in 01 etc.), don't know what to tell you there.

Cheers

Last edited:

HOWEY

Hello My friend i have a full 4 inch lift from a company called Rough Country and 33" Bridgestone tyres, lift is mainly for looks as im not a serious off roader. Have to say it transformed the truck as the origanal susp was in it from 85. kit came with springs ,shocks, droparm, bushes and a bag load of bolts, maybe in time i,ll upgrade to 35,s.......

REGULATOR

oops sorry I forgot, was thinking of Shannon as a USAF base, but its not,

they just grab fuel ( and beer I'm sure) there.. I know thats a political hotbutton over there though,

there were tons of CUCV's in Germany though, and surely a few in the UK with the USAF SF/SP