• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is it a turbo or not?

bigflew

How can I tell if a Deuce I may or may not be looking at is a turbo? it seems like GL has a habit of showing the same engine compartment photo for ALL of the deuces.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Preview

The pictures that they are using, may or may not be the actual truck you get.(if several pictures are worng and you know it, why would you think the one picture of the truck is correct?)

Turbo truck stacks are larger diameter than a non-turbo.

Last edited:

whyme

most of whats coming off GL sites right now seem to be turbo trucks, at least thats what i am seeing. that said said honestly either preview or have someone do it for you.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The exhaust stack will be skinny tube, about 2/3s the diameter of a turbocharged truck.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Unless a deuce had slipped through the cracks (maybe been on a range or something) finding a non-turbo truck would be rare....the EPA mandated that all military vehicles be upgraded to cut down "visible emissions". The 800 series 5 tons remained NA but all of the deuces that went through depot level rebuild got the turbo treatment

When I was on active duty from 1984 to 1995 I never saw a NA deuce.

You would be more likely to find one off GSA or from a fire dept.

wb1895

I got a non turbo deuce from GL just over a year ago. Like it has been told above. look at the size of the stack. If it is a large tube then it is a turbo, if it is a smaller tube then it is a non turbo. You can also look in the passenger side wheel well, and if the pipe makes a "J" in the wheel well and DOES NOT go behind the frame it is a turbo. On the non turbo trucks the exhaust will go behind the frame into a muffler.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought 3 off GL, in the last year(non turbo).

Look at the pipe.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, and don't be a LD465 hater. I had one a while back and it ran like a scalded dog. Loved the trail of smoke it left wherever I went.

dc3coyote

Wow I learned something from Doghead. I will have to remember that.
My old Na was my fist duece and it was by far the most fun to drive. Not to mention that the smoke it left is very cool in my book.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks