• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is it posible to?

Mitch

Is it possible to change the engine out of M900 series truck and put in a Cat C15? Also what size tires should I purchase and from whare? I am looking at buying an M925.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you have the money and determination you can do anything.
That being said if the engine will fit the bellhousing without any major modification you would be ahead of the game.
If the puddy tat has a lot more power than the Cummins you may have tranny issues.
My only problem with Cat engines is that they charge way too much for that yellow paint job.
Cats are not cheap to keep. Especially the new electronically castrated ones.
Just my 2cents

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who's gonna make the harnesses? You'll need to add about a 1/2 mile of wire, a bunch of stuff so the trans will work with the engine...will the trans handle the torque, what is it, 1850?

Mitch

engine stats

Displacement 15.2L
HP 625@2100 rpm
2,050 lb-ft@ 1,200 rpm
18.1 compression ratio
engine weight 2,890lbs
oil capacity 41 quarts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks