• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is M818 trailer light plug same as M105 trailer or M101

Hooty481

I am wanting to know if the trailer light plug for the 5th wheels trailers on a M818 the same as the trailer plug on a M105. if this dont make sense tell me and i'll explain it better or at least try

Hooty481

no no no... i do not want to pull a 105 with a m818... I want to do this http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/32440-m818-24volt-12volt-trailer-lights.html but instead of cutting the end off coming from the truck i want to plug it into the box or panel instead of wiring it solid like this guy did. thats why i wanted to know if the pugs were the same from the 818 and the m105... this would mean that i could get the end from a deuce where the 105 plugs into it and make that where the 818 hooks to the box... copy what i drivng there

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You should be able to tow a 105 with the 818 stock, nothing needed. Why the 12v conversion? Doesn't the 818 cable reach the 105? I am guessing the 818 doesn't have a trailer plug at the end of the frame?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not really understanding what you're wanting to do either. :?

Military 5th wheel trailers have a female plug on them which is just like the plug on the back of a deuce. The m818 has a cord that has a male plug that is just like the plug on a m105. On military 5th wheel setups, the cord is on the tow vehicle and the plug is on the trailer (just the opposite of tag-along trailers such as the m105).

As Gimpy said, The m818 has a plug on the rear to pull a m105 in addition to the cord for the 5th wheel trailer.

Hooty481

i am doing this conversion so I can pull civy trailers. but i want to keep my standard plug. i want to also be able to remove the box of convertors and and use them on another tractor if i want. i just need to know what plug i will need for my m818 to plug into. I dont have it here yet its still at gl or i could look for my self.

Hooty481

ok thank you TY... I will need to get the plug from a deuce and install in my box for the m818 to plug into. then I will run a cord out of my box that will go to civy trailers....

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that will work. I did something similar to this to pull military trailers with my civi Dodge.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Figures, I just saw a pre-made cable for that last week, now I can't find it. Ferro might have some left too. Maybe PM him to find out.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
One thing to remember, the tractor semi plug hence the cable has a hot 24v contact that is hot anytime the master switch is on, this is for 24v lighting that is in some of the trailers, do not think the rear trailer plug has this hot lead. I ran this hot lead to my tow light ( I plug into the semi plug) in case I ever need a flashing rear light

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks