• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is my heater working normally?

Sam27

My CUCV pickup makes very little heat it seems. I paid attention on a 25 minute drive last night and the air coming from the heat ducting was maybe 70 degrees. I'm not sure if something's broken, or if diesels just run this cool.

Wish I had a temp gauge.

85-m1028

That doesn't sound right my heater can get the cab nice and cozy warm!! You most likely have a thermostat stuck open or maybe the heater core is plugged up? Check the heater core return line temp.

mangus580

I have the same problem.... first things first... put a new tstat in... DONT buy one from the 'cheapo' parts stores. They claim to have the right one but they dont. Go to NAPA or a dealer. It should cost plus $25 or so.

texas-5-ton

I'd say the heater core could possibly be stopped up. If you've ran any radiator sealer or "stop leak" in your radiator, this might be your problem. I have dealt with this problem several times in the past and it just needed to have the "junk" flushed from the core. Hope this helps.

Hasdrubal

Just dealt with this same issue. Failed thermostat, what should have been an easy 2 bolt job turned into an all nighter as the lower bolt sheared off. Nice to have heat in this weather!

Sam27

Thanks for the replies, I'll try the thermostat first, then maybe some flush. I plan to add a temp gauge soon, just not sure where to put the sender yet.