• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is Registration number part of the VIN?

sgtrisk

Just filling out the form to request the SF97 for my truck.

Does the Registration number (in my case, NK00EE-72) go along with the VIN (0532-11135) to make a complete VIN, or is the VIN actually just the 9-digit number?

wsucougarx

When I submitted my SF97 I just put in the 0525-XXXXX. When I got my official document they included the serial # in the format I just did you VIN in

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Is Registration number part of the VIN?

doghead said:
doghead, you know that link is dead don't you?

I think NK00EE is the registration number. Don't know about the -72. I've never seen this in a reg. number. It's more than likely the year according to the VIN but I've never seen it included in the reg. number.

0532-11135 is the VIN/serial number. They are one in the same according to David Doyle.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Is Registration number part of the VIN?

Correct. The SN and VIN are the 0532-xxxxxx . The registration number is akin to the military license plate number. It is normally permanent but in some situations it can change--extremely rare but possible. The VIN/SN is the only one stamped on the frame. When completing your paperwork, you should only use the SN and leave off the Registration #.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Is Registration number part of the VIN?

I meant registration number instead of serial number, sorry for the mistake. I didn't realize the link was bad either.(Bad Dog, bad) :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks