• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is the CUCV alt a 15 SI or a 17 SI?

ida34

I am going to try to rebuild this thing in the next week or so and Ebay seems to have some OK deals on rebuild kits with the Regulator and such. The only question I have is which case the CUCV with two GM 100 amp alts uses? If no one knows I will make a trip to the alt shop on Tuesday.

Thanks
Chuck

n1vbn

ida34 said:
I am going to try to rebuild this thing in the next week or so and Ebay seems to have some OK deals on rebuild kits with the Regulator and such. The only question I have is which case the CUCV with two GM 100 amp alts uses? If no one knows I will make a trip to the alt shop on Tuesday.

Thanks
Chuck

What all CUCV's have are 27 SI 100 amp alternators. Drivers side? Use any civilian alternator of the proper 27 SI type. Passenger side needs replacing? Make sure it has the insulation on the ground post for an Isolated ground alternator as the number two alternator receives 14 volts from alternator number one and outputs 28 volts to the positive buss bar to charge the 24 volt side.

Send me an email and I will send you a PDF file with directions from Delco Remy how to rebuild and service the 10 SI, 15 SI and 27 SI alternators.

Jim

ida34

RE: Re: Is the CUCV alt a 15 SI or a 17 SI?

I went to autozone and got a "univeral" rebuild kit with bearings, many brushes, voltage regularor, and diode trio. The diode trio was the wrong one but for $19.99 I went ahead got everything. The regulator alone was $12. I will check my diode trio today to make sure they are all good. I will also fabricate the connector that went bad. The rectifier looks good and I hope it works out alright.

Jim,
I appreciate your offer. I have rebuilt them before but wanted to avoid getting the wrong parts online. I found out that Autozone had them so I took my parts to match them up. Thanks for the help.

Chuck

Craig C

Alternators

Are the two interchangable or not. I have a spare #1 alternator and now my #2 is bad.

Can I use it to replace the #2 alt. ?

Michael

RE: Alternators

Yes, the original alternators were interchangeable. It should be easy to check the ground to see if it is isolated with a volt meter in case you didn't get your truck straight from the military. You never know what some third party might have done before you got the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks