• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a real surplus unit or a add on

HDN

That's a sharp-looking deuce there, looks a lot better than the other crane conversions I've seen! Depending on how well it runs and drives I don't think I'd offer more than $10k for it.

Did the short wheelbase deuces have a double frame on them? Those were all mostly dump trucks and tractors IIRC.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seen a late 60's GMC with a Holmes twin boom on it at the local Air Base a few years back while picking up a trailer for docfarmall.
Found a pic of the trailer but, still looking for pics of that wrecker. Wrecker equipment looked like the one pictured above.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The wrecker looks like it is capable of picking up something heavier than the truck underneath it will support.
I was pretty sure that it was a repurposed Holmes 850, but this thing is a LOT more stout for sure.
Went out to Towing Times and lifted this:

Holmes_850.jpg

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like quite a well built truck. I do not believe that it was originally a tractor unless someone went through all the work of removing the tractor specific fuel tank, adding a regular toolbox back, relocating air tanks back in between the frame, etc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks