• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is This GL5 OK?

renovate7

Walmart carries their Super Tech brand of gear oil. While it doesn't say compatible with GL1, GL4 etc it does say "Protects against rust, foam, high tempature and corrosion of copper or bronze bushings" OK to use?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the rating you are looking for is MT-1. Walmarts here used to sell GL-1 but no longer. Just picked up a 5 gallon bucket at the local parts house for $49

Bigmillman

Sorry, I run synthetic in mine. I came accross a killer deal on five pails of it for cheap and so that is just what I use. Pigs run very cool with the stuff. T-case likes it too. No the guy I got the deal from realized his mistake and won't sell it that cheap anymore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks