• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this in our future at GL?

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A Recent GL scrap auction in PA went for about $21,000 and everything had to be mutilated -
5 - M811 repair shop trucks with varying amounts of shop equipment
2 - M811 trucks with 2 each 150KW generators
2 - Pioneer tool trailers

What a shame, and a waste of our tax dollars.

0001 - Uncategorized at Government Liquidation

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For a truck, what does "mutilation" means exactly? Just cut through chassis, or destroy everything usable or what?

Are you allowed to repair a mutilated vehicle or "rebuild it by putting all stuff on top of another frame (= other VIN number?)

hedgehog69

I chatted a bit with a guy at PA last year. He was telling about these Chrysler engines for marine use. he told me that Gov't. chipped off one of the teeth on the ring gear. That was it...

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't you guys and galls write a letter to your congressman or whatever to stop this waste of gov money or something, or at least make clear rules when something should be mutilated and what that means? Now its a Russian roulette to see how far they want you to go. Slipping a few greenbacks involved here as well?

mckeeranger

Can't you guys and galls write a letter to your congressman or whatever to stop this waste of gov money or something, or at least make clear rules when something should be mutilated and what that means? Now its a Russian roulette to see how far they want you to go. Slipping a few greenbacks involved here as well?
The problem with drawing too much attention from our legislators is the environmental movement. They have a very powerful lobby, and could push to have everything that gets less than 100 MPG, or doesn't have 15 air bags, destroyed. (OK a SLIGHT exaggeration)

Look at Wisconsin.

Cigarjoe

I am wondering why those two pioneer trailers are in there. They each had their own lot and sale several weeks back. They either didn't sell or they decided to pull them for whatever reason.

DieselBob

The problem with drawing too much attention from our legislators is the environmental movement. They have a very powerful lobby, and could push to have everything that gets less than 100 MPG, or doesn't have 15 air bags, destroyed. (OK a SLIGHT exaggeration)

Look at Wisconsin.
:ditto: Not much of a exaggeration either.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They need to keep the flow of scrap headed to china to keep their economy rolling , with the continued deficeit spending china owns america and the US debt.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The immediate problem here is not the US Government, but a deparmental bureaucracy within the government, DRMO. Aren't they the ones responsible for the classifying of the surplus items?
For the conspiracy types, maybe they grouped these units together to help some entity to purchase them without being subject to the average guy bidding against them for one unit at a time. The ultimate fate,(level of mutilation), of the lot sold would then be decided for the winning bidder.

pmramsey

Radioactive oils, grease, and god help us, the reflective dials on the engine cluster in the trucks....that is why the engine clusters are missing at many locations. Dang! I will die from wearing my watch for forty years. go figure. there is no hope in finding a rational explanation.

michigandon

Slipping a few greenbacks involved here as well?
I have heard from more than one individual that the aforementioned would often make the difference between having to make a "quarter cut" or a "half cut" on an M151 body. [thumbzup]

On a related note, the one that really gets my goat was that Uncle Sugar decided that there was no way humanly possible that John Q Civilian could ever be trusted with a GOER...yet any goofus with a fat enough wallet can run out and buy a 621 scraper. :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks