• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ISO boxes and shelter connectors

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ISO containers are used for both cargo and shelters. The contract for the connectors that allow you to connect the containers together solidly was given to Tandemloc.
The paticular connector I am talking about was field tested by the Marine Corps back in the 60's, so I suspect that the connectors are still around, and may turn up as surplus.
At least I hope so.
The connector is 3 inches wide with a heavy hook on each side. There are two bolts that come out the bottom. You stick the hook into one of the fittings on the corners of the container and the other hook in to the fitting of the connector next to it. Cranking
on the bolts makes the hook grab the container and locks them together.
very simple and effective. You can use these to bolt two 20 foot containers together and make a 40 foot container that can be handled as such. The 20 foot containers are really only 19 feet 10 and a half inches long.

Does any one know where I can find these on the surplus market? The commercial ones are very pricey.

Here is the link to a description of one and an interestin example.

http://www.tandemloc.com/0_securing/s_12900BA-1PZ.asp

Thanks,
Bruce

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks