• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issue starting, I think it may have to do with glow plugs.

Jozseph

Been have a difficult time starting my 1031 in the morning after shutting the motor down for the night. Gradually more difficult everyday.

The last two days, the "WAIT" light, goes on after the motor starts, stays on for approximately 45 seconds to 1 minute.

Suggestion and or opinion what to look for?

Thank You

Joseph

cucvrus

Check your grounds. Hard to say sight unseen. But check your battery connections at the ground post make sure they are tight. And check all wires to relay for tightness and good connections. i am guessing sight unseen. just trying to to throw you a buoy. Save you some head ache if i can. Don't start hacking the wiring harness hat will only complicate the issue. Good luck. No one else answered you so I am just trying to help you out.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Check the resistance of the plugs first. Kinda hard to have a bad ground if the are screwed into the block.

tbearatkin

Check that all Glow plugs are okay, Pull your GP card out from under the dash and clean the contacts. Look at your volt meter on the dash when you first turn the key on. Should peg to the left into the yellow zone. When started keep an eye on it and when the Glow plugs go off it should return to the green. You should also hear the relay click them off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks