• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It lives sorta....

FreightTrain

Banned
Went and helped wrecker with his wrecker today.He drained the......stuff in the crank case.about 13-15 gallons of.....Stuff....We refilled it with clean oil,Drained the fuel tank(Ummm,wreck.what EXACTLY was in there?) and refilled with something that had a brownish color with a slight green tint and smelled like diesel.Fired it up and it runs but it now sounds like a steam locomotive.My evaluation is it ate a valve when it ran away.Still runs smoothish but has a very pronounced CHUFF CHUFF CHUFF out the stack.Figure it floated a valve and smacked it with the piston.But it is mobile again.we didn't change the O rings.Wanted to see if we could get it running first and it runs ok enough to move to the Alternate LZ I hope.He is looking at buying a 400 cummins with a 9 speed from a cab over Ford.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
After FT left the AO I just had to take the beast out for a drive.

Cranked her and let her idle for a few minutes and then headed out to warm her up so I could put in some coolant.

I got out of the driveway and took a right at the stop sign since that road is closed for bridge repair. I got her out of low range and fell into a banked curve.

NOTE TO SELF..........YOU NEED MORE THAN EIGHT GALLONS OF FUEL IN THE TANK FOR A TEST RUN ON A BANKED ROAD.

She died right in the middle of the road in the middle of a blind curve.

I called the CP and my son brought the rest of the fuel I should have pumped into the tank in the first place.

I drove her several miles and finally got the temp up and added the anti-freeze.

Backed her into the yard and almost sunk her in the garden.

She is now biding her time waiting for the next outing which will prob be the move to the new LZ.

The new shop will have doors big enough to actually get a MV into.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Golly gee whammo Batman. :roll: Either the wrong fuel or none at all...when will we get it right.:?:
BTW...the 400 *cummins* only likes diesel to. Thinner etc...etc.. will make it sick as well.:evil:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well at least now you have one running truck. if you had a bolster trailer you could haul all kinds of stuff at one time. haha. hope your move goes well. will she let you take all of your clothes?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks