• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's alive!!!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haven't had it running long enough to pay attention the fan. Will start looking out thou.

Yea, the line is connected to the PS cap, and runs to the filter. The lines are open where the Cdr used to be, and it's open where the fording canister used to be. Should I plug all these? One of my low pressure lines on the lower end of the is in rough shape. Probably will replace or trim next. But since I tight d the upper high pressure fitting, I don't habe the gurgling hissing sound anymore. Probably lots of air still in the system?
Since you are having trouble you should start by replacing all the return lines.
The vent line from the PS pump should not only go to the filter it should also be connected to the front and rear vent system, that would be the fuel pump, all the hubs and differentials, the transmission and transfer case.
Many run a separate vent line from the fuel pump, the pump can go bad and fill the hubs etc with diesel which is not a good enough lubricant for the hubs/diffs/trans/transfer etc.

Thunderbirds

TNDRIVER is correct but left out the most important step.

Jack the vehicle up so that it is at least 15 degrees elevated front over back. Then start the vehicle and turn the front wheels right locked to left and then left to right lock, 20 times. Then put the vehicle down and let it sit for two hours.
Wow, 15 degrees. That is going to be 19"+ wheel height at a wheelbase of 10' 10". My guess it will help with the trapped air hitting some elbow lines? Didn't see that in the TM. But I believe it. Thanks!