• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's home!

FreightTrain

Banned
Ok,Too dark to get pics but the truck is home and shoehorned in the back yard.We put what I thought would be enough fuel to make it the 5 or so miles from wrecks house to the gas station.Well,I was off by a mile.Ran outta fuel again.What a wonderful feeling.Out of fuel,Middle of the road,batteries don't even have enough charge to light a bulb or twitch a gauge.Luckly wreck was following me(there was my problem!).He went back to his house and got some batts and fuel(use the term LOOSELY!).Well,put some mystery fluid in the tank and hooked the batts up.Dead.Crap.All it did was a half turn Ruh Click Click Click Click.So,I hit advance auto.160 bucks later I have new batts and a running truck.We hit the local diesel pump and 100 bucks later I have a running live truck(and a pepperoni pizza for breakfast!MMMMM).Pretty much did a Drop and run at the house and had to take wrecker back home.When I got home FINALLY I had to shoehorn the new truck in the back yard.90 degree turn off a 12foot wide alley though a 16foot gate,between a deuce the front end of a F350 and a building while using only mirrors.Thank God For west coast mirrors.Fit like a OJ glove.I had 12 inches on teh passenger side and about 4" on the drivers side(Dually).Damn I am good!

Oh,on a side note.Murphy is still playing with me.I noticed a large puddle of what turned out to be fuel on the ground when I shut down.Looks like there is a fuel leak on the passenger side below the starter(or maybe running down the frame rail).....Dang it wreck.You said there was no Thinner in that drum!!!! :lol:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
No Crook is coming to this house as Jeff Foxworthy said if a crook sees a motor hanging from a tree in the yard he passes by saying a gun lives there.
Nice recovery I don't have a picture of my driveway but I can tell you I know the feeling of squeezing a truck in. I think of it as a rubic cube moving one trailer or dolly to get another one hooked up to use. My plans are to really organize it when I get home. What was the fuel leak? I would catch as much as you can to keep the local EPA off your back.

Good work getting it home and congrats

FreightTrain

Banned
EPA?Hee hee hee,I won't EVEN go there.....I would be so SCREWED if they checked my yard for toxins.....Not sure on the fuel leak but it is high enough where it only leaks what is in the line.Doesn't syphon the fuel out of the tank thank God.Soon as it gets ABOVE FREEZING I will climb under there and look.But it was dripping from around the rear frame shackle for the front axle.I figure the hard line got nicked or maybe the primary filter is leaking and maybe running down the frame rail or blowing back.

Oh,as for crooks?Remember,I am the one that had my building broken into at 2PM while home with tools that were taken out of the bed of the deuce and a half.They stole a bunch of my guns including a 12.7x99MM(50BMG for the unwashed).

FreightTrain

Banned
oh yea,that building can be seen to the right.......Also,for those wondering,Yes that is a Railroad main line switch stand next to the truck.Boy the Conductor was pissed about that one I bet.....Just kidding.Was aquired legally from a collector that got it from a scrap yard since it is locked up and the linkage was torched off.

FreightTrain

Banned
Uhhh,sorta.I got the fifty back.They were given probation and ordered to pay restitution......their 90 days to pay in full is up the 19th of this month....and I have only seen 49 bucks.If the others are found I don't own them anymore.Ownership reverts to the Gadsden PD when I was awarded restitution even if I dont' see the money.They are to be distroyed upon recovery.So,basicaly,I got totally Fudged up the exhaust pipe without a reach around!

2400 bucks for the replacement of the L1A1,the Hakim,and the Yugo Arsenal refinish mauser in perfect condition down the drain.Plus the 1850 bucks for the rebuild of the 50BMG(New stock,new barrel,total chemical strip and refinish(they don't offer the nickle plating so I gotta get blacked....yuck).Can't afford to rebuild it out of my pocket and can't get the gun back till I pay for the rebuild(At state arms).

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
How is it that your guns belong to the the police you did nothing wrong? If any of my guns get taken I am going for a lawyer. Is there a legal means to get them back to you? What did the court say if they did not make full restitution? Do you have any legal right to send them to jail? This really makes me upset and glad that I built a big heavy steel gun safe before I left.

FreightTrain

Banned
That is the law here.If the other guys are ordered to pay for the stolen good you don't get anything back if it is found later.Even if they don't pay up.The judge told them that if they didn't pay up(well the mother and father were told since they are Juvies) they would go to jail.I will be there the 20th having a chit chat with the DA.

FreightTrain

Banned
What was funny was in court when I told the DA and judge that I wanted to keep the fifty(they was gonna order them to pay me full price for it and I would have to turn it back in to the PD) and told them I was going to have it fixed.The lawyer for the natives(The other term I use for people like this is Censored here......GRRRR) asked what was damaged adn I told him the Barrel had to be replaced since it was rusted and he asked the judge isn't the barrel the whole gun?Gotta love idiot lawyers.Atleast know the laws before going into law.....

FreightTrain

Banned
tell ya what,I am gonna take it to court one more time and if they don't pay up by the deadline.....it is blood sucker time!Pain,Suffering,Damages,Punitive,legal fees,you name it I am going for it!They will be so far in debt even congress couldn't pass a bill that would pay it off!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd go for a court order to get the guns back if they are recovered. Remembering your story is sending me out at first light for a newer heavier gun safe.

FreightTrain

Banned
Yea,Quite a scary episode.Broad daylight while we were home!makes you wonder what else these idiots would do.They had the fifty sold to a guy that is now wanted for knocking off a local Gas station at gunpoint.The little SOBs have been back too.3 days after the new fence went up I found evidence of monkeys climbing all over it.The police even told me to be careful.The youngest one was a very dangrous kid and would kill me if he could.....

offroaddiesel

sorry to hear about your guns. years ago we had a so called dangerous kid up here .he is gone now. once when the state cops were after him they stopped me on the road and ,belive it or not handcuffed me to a telephone pole until he was caught. they thought we had a vigalaty group after him. we have a saying up here in the woods, you may get in but youre not coming out. and to get on topic about mvs , real nice truck. good luck and its zero up here. steve

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Castle Doctrine, I agree, if you come in and you are not invited or worse yet are a threat to one of my family I have at least fourty reasons in the mini fourteen that should convice you very quickly and for a very short time you made the biggest mistake of your life. I know that it is sad and that people should have the opportunity to repent but I am in the Army and quickfire comes natural

FreightTrain

Banned
what a waste of tax payers money.I think that Life without should be changed to Death.What is the point?If your gonna be stuck in a cell all your life what good are ya?Just go ahead and put a bullet in their head and save teh tax payer the money.I will donate 5000 rounds of ammo for this if they would.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks