• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

its not really the weight of the line....

rizzo

....its pulling it through the line leveler assembly

after I got done I hooked to another tree and un-wound the whole drum then rewound it while pulling the truck in neutral. the line leveler worked great! Now I have a nice neat tight drum of wire. I used the tensioner the last few feet.

Attachments

rizzo

TheBuggyman said:
Great pics! Great truck! Man, I wish I had one of those wreckers........

Did the winch even feel that weight?
it was doing some pulling. I had the truck at idle and it never slowed the engine down.

rizzo

M1075 said:
Great pics. How nice is that to have a winch on the front and the back??
the winch on the front doesnt work. I need a pto shaft for it. If it did work it woundnt have done me any good cause there is nothing but field in front.

I like the rear winch, but getting the cable out is a pain.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the rear winch is super, i only have used it on a short tow. must have been a feat to hand drag all that cable out. the ground looked super soft. didnt think it 1600s would have gone down that fast. im on my last 2 tires changing.did you use the drag winch in 5th gear?

5tonpuller

I need to un wind my rear one to un do the rats nest and clean n grease. WOW
350' is a long drag. I used it to pull tree stumps. Stumps 0 truck 5. lol

rizzo

I used the drag in 3rd gear. that is the gear I use for the crane too.

I heard about greasing the cable. Can you oil it? I think I just read that you could oil it.

houdel

rizzo said:
I heard about greasing the cable. Can you oil it? I think I just read that you could oil it.
If I had a winch (which I don't, but is on my "To Do" list) and wanted to lube the cable, I would use Breakfree CLP. I'd soak the cable pretty thoroughly, then wipe it with a CLP soaked rag as I was rewinding it. The CPL will take off a lot of the surface rust. It goes on wet and drys in a day or two leaving a waterproof coating on the metal. Water will bead up on a CLP treated surface. I use it on all my guns (which often get pretty wet while hunting) and on the bed of my table saw which stays outside all year in my carport and sees a lot of damp weather. I never have a rust problem with anything I treated with CLP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks