• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I've got the disease- Another new M35A2 owner in NC

m00segravy

Greetings all- I'm Adam, and I live just south of Asheville, NC. I've recently acquired a 1985 M35A2 with the White LDT465-1C that is in overall good condition. I have been lurking around here for a few weeks now, trying to do my research before asking questions. So far every issue I've encountered has been covered in detail, plus I've learned a TON about what it takes to keep these things happy.

I've wanted a deuce for many years; this one just happened to be the right deal at the right time. I had never so much as touched one when I first went to look at this, 3 days later it made a four hour non-stop drive home. I'm truly impressed by how tough these things are- this truck had been parked for 3+ years prior to that drive. So far I've changed the oil and filters, replaced two axle seals, changed fuel filters, bypassed the FDC, improvised a replacement temp gauge, and loved every minute of it.

I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you in the future, as I'm sure this is just the beginning of a lifelong addiction for me.

deuce1.jpgdeuce2.jpgdeuce&dually.jpgdeucedash.jpg

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and creating such a great resource!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from KY, sounds like you took the bull by the horns and jumped right in. Good for you. Nice truck. The OD virus has mutated to tan. Now find a green unit to complete the collection.
JC

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site .It's not so much the MV you have , it's all about the NEXT one !! BTW the only cure is more "OD" LOL

m00segravy

I still haven't quite decided how I feel about the tan. It may get a paint job in the future.
I know what you all are saying about the addictive nature of MVs; once I get this thing dialed in and let my bank account recover a bit I think a gama goat would be a fun addition the yard.