• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jerky Zerk!

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a grease fitting on my front right rear shackle (the upper one) that will not allow grease to go in. I suspect this thing is seizing and I get a loud thump noise going over bumps. Anyone dealt with sticky shackles before?

fasttruck

Sometimes if you remove the grease fitting and throw a little heat at the hole it will melt the dried up grease in the bushing that is restricting the entrance of new grease. You didn't say what kind of vehicle this is (M37 or 38 ?) but I hope there are no plastic parts involved and the bushing hasn't worn through so you are hogging out the hole in the spring hanger or distorting the shackle pin.

pigpen60

Try and shoot some penetrating oil in it too. I hooked a hydraulic power pack to a grease gun coupler and shot hydraulic oil into one. Or you could buy one of those grease busters.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used one of those grease fitting cleaner tools that you hit with a hammer, filled with Kroil penetrating oil. If at first that doesn't work, put a jack between the leaf spring and the frame, and jack it up to release the pressure on the shackle joint, while trying the tool again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks