• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

jerry cans

Kenneth Cole

Hi
There are a ton of new jerry cans out there, I need to know which ones will fit the standard military holder. I'm afraid to buy a used vintage one off Ebay because of rust . I got one that the only way it would fit was to pound in the bottom corners so it would fit down to the bottom.
Thanks
Ken

DREDnot

You need to be careful of what you consider the "standard military holder"

There are a few different styles of fuel cans and water cans.
Old seam welded US style
NATO german style cans
US plastic water cans
Scepter Plastic fuel cans
Etc.

They are close, but don't always fit all holders

The new thin red Chinese ones you see at off road shops were based on the old style WW2 American can that has rusty leaky seam welded bottoms.

The better "NATO" german style cans dont fit the old US style holders well.

Then there are different military issued holders for different vehicles. Bottom holes, bottom holes with embossed stand offs, side holes, side holes with embossed standoffs...

jerry can US.jpg

NATO water can.jpg

jerry can scepter.jpg

20190331_142343.jpg

jerry can holder china.jpg

jerry can holder 1.jpg

DSCN2673.JPG

jerry can holder HMMWVa.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks