• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Joined the 5 Ton Club (Times 2)

m715mike

The M810 finally got some attention yesterday (and I had fun too). I was able to get a covered parking spot for the water truck. So I brought it up to my shop, gave it a good bath and then parked it in its new home.

003.JPG
035.JPG

The water truck came to me with a rats nest in the cab. I really didn't realize how bad it was until I started cleaning up the mess. I filled 1.5 trash bags before I started using the shop vac. I even found one very large dead rat!

Here are some BEFORE the wash pictures:
005.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG

And here are some AFTER the wash pictures:
039.JPG
041.JPG
042.JPG

m715mike

It's amazing what a good bath will do! Here are some before and after comparison shots:

036.jpg
036_After Wash.JPG
019_Before Wash.JPG
019_After Wash.JPG
018.JPG
018_After wash.JPG

And of course, PPE was needed to clean out the rats nest. Forget COVID, I was worried about Hantavirus!
037.JPG

m715mike

Okay, here's the last post for today with some other tidbits....

Here is the gas engine pump with its own fuel tank under the deck:
007.JPG
008.JPG
025.JPG

There is a wheel under the cab (I don't have a good picture of the wheel) and a gauge in the cab for measuring water output. Here is the gauge:
023.JPG
021.JPG

And lastly, the M810 is in her new home. This was my first time backing a truck up on the towbar. It was surprisingly easy. Power steering in the wrecker was a big help. It would have been completely different using the Deuce to move the water truck around the yard.
047.JPG
048.JPG

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks