• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JP-10 Fuel?

Bighurt

Has anyone ever heard of running an M35 on JP-10. It's pretty close to kerosene.

I can get my hands on hundreds of gallons, which cues my curiosity.

Thanks

Bighurt

If it is like JP-8 (souped up kerosene) it is dry.....mix it 50/50 with WMO and enjoy.

Bring me a couple hundred gallons when you head down here....I'll go a buck a gallon.roflrofl
Well when I said I can get my hands on I meant in a few months not weeks. Currently we give it to a fuel supplier and he sells it for a $1 a gallon. It's actually more like Kerosene than JP-8.

But yes my initial thought was 50/50 with WMO.

flighht2k5

Banned
Jp5 and diesel is the exact same thing. When I was in the navy all of our ground support equipment had stenciled on it "df#2 or jp5."

Last edited:

Bighurt

They actually are different but most of the equipment that can run on DF #2 (F-54) can run on JP-8 (F-34) for a certain amount of time. The issue comes into play with common rail diesel engines and direct injection because JP-8 doesn't have the lubricity of diesel fuel. Many of the vehicle TO's actually define what is to be replaced if run on JP-8 for more than 500 hrs.

Actually Navy Planes can't be stored below deck on the Aircraft Carrier if they were fueled with JP-8.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bighurt thought I read something like that about no lubricty. So I will go with adding something good to take care of that and then run.

flighht2k5

Banned
They actually are different but most of the equipment that can run on DF #2 (F-54) can run on JP-8 (F-34) for a certain amount of time. The issue comes into play with common rail diesel engines and direct injection because JP-8 doesn't have the lubricity or diesel fuel. Many of are vehicle TO's actually define what is to be replaced if run on JP-8 for more than 500 hrs.

Actually Navy Planes can't be stored below deck on the Aircraft Carrier if they were fueled with JP-8.
I know jp5 is oily.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks