• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JP 5 Fuel Only

Cdub

My fuel tank is painted on the outside

" JP 5 Fuel Only "

Is that diesel fuel......someone said it might be jet fuel.

Cheers,

C'dub

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Short answer, you can use Diesel. Back in the days of the multifuel battlefied, the Navy/USMC had JP-5 and MOGAS, the Army had JP-8 and MOGAS. They stenciled that there so some moron didnt put gas in it.

Diesel will work perfect.

Cdub

emmado22 said:
Short answer, you can use Diesel. Back in the days of the multifuel battlefied, the Navy/USMC had JP-5 and MOGAS, the Army had JP-8 and MOGAS. They stenciled that there so some moron didnt put gas in it.

Diesel will work perfect.

OUTSTANDING.................. [thumbzup]

Thanks,

C'dub

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have information on JP-5 in the CUCV? I only ask because at a recent event a fuel truck came by and filled up the deuces I was with. I was reluctant to put "JET FUEL" in my truck without knowing if I could.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JP-8 is a more refined version of kerosene, with three additives in it an antifreeze, a algecide, and corrosion inhibitors, JP-5 is just another variant with a higher flash point (safer aboard an aircraft carrier).

area52

Back in the late 80's/early 90's when I was in the Navy, I worked on an oiler ship. We refueled all the ships in the battle group. We carried DFM and JP8. The DFM - diesel fuel marine was for the ships boilers and the Jp8 was for the jets and ships that had the gas turbine engines.

We use to "down grade" the JP8 and mix it with DFM and burn it in our boilers to get that extra "oomph" to get home quicker!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks