• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Juicy Stake

I had a broken cargo cover bow stake, I could not pull it out of the rack. I removed the racks today and found water in some of the stake pockets, the truck has been inside for over a month. I could not pound the broken stake out, the water had swelled the wood. I had to remove the rack upright and press out the broken stake. I drilled drain holes in the stake pockets and installed fiberglass stakes.
Also added a picture of the Parts Getter.

Attachments

dm22630

How much pressure did it take to remove the broken stake? A shop press is a VERY good idea! ;)

I have a set of deuce troop seats with broken bows & they will NOT come out.

Thanks!

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a sweet looking truck and I did not need to see that. :) Last week I acquired an M105A2 trailer along with a Dodge CT800 dump truck. The dump truck was purchased for use as a parts vehicle for a Dodge C700 flatbed. And since I wanted to get rid of the flatbed on the C700 I bought the M105A2 for it's bed to put on the back of the C700. But after I bought the M105A2 I realized the CT800 has the rare wrap around rear window so now I will be restoring the CT800 and using the C700 as a parts truck for it. So I decided to cancel using the M105A2 bed on the Dodge. Or at least I had till I saw the picture of your truck. Now I'm trying to figure out how I can keep both trucks and continue on with my idea of using the M105A2 bed on the C700. I might have to talk the wife in to letting me sell my M1009 Blazer.

For those not familiar with the Dodge C series trucks the Air Force used the CT800 chassis as refueling tankers for aircraft. See http://www.dodge-semis.com/PG/78_XCNT800/ for some pictures of one (the tank has already been removed). Dodge made C series trucks from C400 to C1000 and they all used the same cab. So my plan with the C700 was to paint it as an Air Force CT800. Now it looks like the CT800 dump truck will get that treatment. I'm thinking of replacing the dump bed with a 5th wheel from a semi truck.

Anyhow, thanks again for posting the picture of your truck. Now I have an idea what the C700 would look like with the M105A2 bed.

Ruppster

The engine is a 345ci with an allison automatic trans.The truck has 17,000 original miles on it, the truck had a seismic air gun on the back use by the university of Wyoming. I bought 4 trailer bodies from GL, they are new with some holes drilled in the wrong place so they surplussed them. The truck is 4x4 with a GVW of 22,700.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks