• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jump Seat for a Deuce

Tackettr

Well maybe not a Jump Seat. :D I am looking for some type of seat to go between the two 'springers" in my Deuce. I need something for the youngsters when momma is riding with me. It would be nice if it had a console for storage under it. Anyone know of something on the civilian market that would work or has someone fabricated one and could send me a picture? Any help would be great! :D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Jump Seat for a Duece

I had thought of this and considered chopping down a full size companion seat to fit there. I've done the dual springers a few times but with the new style cushions,
i'm back to the regular companion seat. I should also point out that my truck has a 3rd seat belt added.

Tackettr

I want the springers for the older backs. :D The youngsters can handle the stiff ride. I might have to look at cutting down a bench seat. I also want some type of seat belt system but that should be a simple problem to fix.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This may be something you'll have to fab up yourself, unless you can possibly modify a jump seat from a junkyard Nissan or Toyota. Come to think of it, a lot of the APCs have folding jump seats for the passengers. You might look into finding someone with a set of jump seats like that. Try Austin Weber on eBay, he goes by "beltfed34".

Tackettr

I looked at the APC ones on Ebay, man that's a lot of engineering in those seats!!!! :shock: the price wasn't too bad but I would still have to fab some legs. I will probably fab something myself unless soneone comes up with another solution. Thanks for the help.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Tackettr said:
I looked at the APC ones on Ebay, man that's a lot of engineering in those seats!!!! :shock: the price wasn't too bad but I would still have to fab some legs. I will probably fab something myself unless soneone comes up with another solution. Thanks for the help.
What about a car-style bench seat with extra springs attached to it?

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much space do you have between the seats? I have a folding jumpseat/console from an 02 Super Duty that could be made to work, if you have the room.

Tackettr

Something like that was what I had in mind. I'm not sure how wide it is but I would bet there is plenty room. It's a good reach from the driver to the passenger. A simple frame made out of angle then mount something like that to it and I'm set. Will check the measurements tonight when I get home. i was hoping someone had done this before and I wasn't blazing a new trail. Oh well, out front, un-armed, and un-afraid! SCOUTS OUT! :D

CCATLETT1984

biggest thing with putting a seat there, just make sure it doesnt interfere with the tcase shifter, and that the kids will be back far enough that the shifter doesnt hit there legs.

Post pics of what you come up with, i currently have the old style bench, but would like to swap it out and also have the need to keep three seats.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks