• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

jumpstart

acetomatoco

If you only have one dead battery in your truck it is possible to jump just that bad battery just like you would in a car. However in most cases, both batteries will be dead and you will need two 12 v batteries and two sets of jumpers to get the job done.. or you can put the two outside batteries in series on the ground and jump them as a pair to the pair in the truck with one set of cables..Be sure to hook up the ones in the truck first as there is where the H2 gas will be and you do not want to go kaboom. Wear safety glasses and hook up the negative on the jumper last. Best method is to do it thru the Slave cable receptical with a Military Jumper from another MV. Lastly, you can use 2 12 V battery chargers, one on each battery in your box for a couple of hours. Be really careful with sparks in this situation as there will be double amounts of H2 ....generated in this scenario And finally, my method is to buy two new batteries any time I have a problem with low voltage and then you can use the old batteries in the Mother in Law's car or recycle them for 11 cents a pound.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to find a place to recycle batteries. I'm tired of tripping over the stacks of them I have.

OD_Coyote

Re: RE: jumpstart

Recovry4x4 said:
I need to find a place to recycle batteries. I'm tired of tripping over the stacks of them I have.
Kenny - Did you try your local NAPA? I know the NAPA in my town takes batteries even if I am not buying a new one from them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: jumpstart

Guess I need to get to shopping. Funny story about jumpstarting trucks. My M108 has one weak battery. It usually drops to just under 11 volts overnight. I've been unable to replace it so whenever I need the truck, I jump it with my tiny John Deere lawn tractor. Quite a hoot!

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Hey Recovery, if you call your local Interstate Battery supplier he might pay you for them. Lead is up in price. Worse case, he'll take them for free.

JDToumanian

Kenny, are you sure those batteries are junk? I remember some posts a while back about restoring batteries... flushing them out, (maybe using some kind of chemical?) and refilling with fresh acid. I plan to find that thread and try it if I end up with any dead ones around here.

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks