• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Junk yard score or just more junk?

4bogginchevys

Today me and a couple buddies went to the local junk yard, and I found an 83 civi blazer w/ 6.2 complete...and unharmed. I was curious to know if it's worth my time to go back and pull the injectors/IP/metal fuel lines/spin on fuel filter w/ base/glow plugs/and whatever else someone can think of that would fit 1008....Thanks for replies, I figured someone else might be bored!:p

HardCorps79

I'd take what you can get depending on the price. If anything, the IP would be good as a core to rebuild (the seals are sure to be about done by this time). The injectors may or may not be worth it, again depending on price. A lot of folks would say definitely go with the spin on fuel filter base. But i wouldn't bother with the plugs. And be leery of the injector lines- they may be brittle from age and already deteriorated, if not completely corroded internally. Honestly, I'd take whatever I could afford- you'll probably need it later when you're broke (that's how it always seems to go, right?). You might see if anything in the interior is worth salvaging- like say a dash pad (yeah right!).

4bogginchevys

my guess was that the tranny went and thats why it's in the junkyard in the first place, if I get time tomarrow I will get a bunch off of the truck. And it's to bad it's a blazer because I cant use the nearly new true dual exhaust. Anything else we can think of to get?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks