• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just a tire question- Civi vs. Mil tiires

shortydooo222

I have an M1009, I have been wanting to put the 16.5-12.5-36 Humvee tires on my truck. My question is what rims would I need, and how much lift do I need to handle these tires? Also from what I've read on here already the stock diff. isn't going to like tires that big. I feel that in may be more cost effective to purchase civi 35" tires that fit the rims I already have, and may not strain the diff quite as much. I just was wondering if anyone has running the mil tires has had any problems and same goes for anyone running 35" civi tires. Thank you

Gripy

You'll find all of this info if you do a search. But, you'll need 9.75x16.5 rims. As well as a 4" lift with trimming of the front fenders. But I'm not sure how well your axles can handle 36-37" tires. Most people swap out to 1 ton axles if they go that size and plan on going off road.

CA_LEO

10 bolts don't like tires that big. You will need to got to a Dana 60 rear at minimum. The Corporate 14 rear is your best bet with a Dana 60 front. Then again if it is just for looks you could probably go with the stock axles, but I would swap out the gov bomb in the rear axle at least if you are going to go that route.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks