• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

just bought an m105a2

Deuce007

I just picked up a 1984 m105a2 out of Minot AFB in North Dakota. When I went to get it I realized that it looked different from the pictures that GL showed it as but I looked the the GL stickers and its data plate and everything matched what I was supposed to get so I decided to take it anyway because the GL numbers matched but before I left I looked at another trailer there and wrote down the military numbers off of it. When I got home I compared the pictures of the trailer that I brought back to the GL ones and there was a definate paint difference and the military numbers didn't match the ones in the picture but they were the same as the other trailer at the AFB. Would that mean that I got the wrong trailer or were the pictures just mixed up?

dikwks

With GL, it can be hard to tell what happened. Just got an M105A2 myself that I actually lost the bid on. 5 days into the 10 day window, I found out that I had gotten the trailer, and I had to scramble to get the paperwork in and right. Waiting on the SF-97 now. Congratulations and enjoy!

Rick

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL reuses pictures , never trust GL pictures . It is in their fine print and is why they recommend that you preveiw prior to biding . If you search you will find dozens of threads on GL pictures not matching the lot.

KsM715

Is there a little yellow sticker somewhere on the trailer? The sticker has the aquisition (sp?) value and a bunch of other numbers. It should also have something called DTID number, that should match the DTID number on your invoice. If the numbers match, you have the right trailer no matter what the pictures show. If the numbers do not match then you got the wrong trailer.

*edit* added pics from my M101a2 and the invoice for it.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks