• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought my M35A2 last Sat. and found this sight this wk.

bmH1065

Don't know a lot about these trucks. Worked on them back in the Army in 70 to 71. Didn't have to do a lot to them though.

My only problem now is the J pipe. When I picked it up, there was a small hole in it. By the time I got it home (206 miles), it was a big hole. Had a shop build me a 90 flared on both ends and plan on weilding it on. It really made the pipe a lot smaller. Will this hurt anything?

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Just bought my M35A2 last Sat. and found this sight this

Welcome Aboard. I`m sure there will be lots of advice. My advice is post pics. We like pics [thumbzup]

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Any constriction in the exhaust is a bad thing...an engine is basically an air pump...the easier the air goes in and the exhaust goes out the more efficient the engine will run.
You can order J-pipes from several sources. They are easy to swap out.
I would spend the extra money and get a proper replacement.

scooter01922

Welcome to the site. I fully agree with the previous posters.....we like pics :) If i were you i would just replace the J pipe, narrowing of the exhaust isn't going to help anything out and certainly might cause some issues in the long run.

wreckerman893 said:
Any constriction in the exhaust is a bad thing...an engine is basically an air pump...the easier the air goes in and the exhaust goes out the more efficient the engine will run.
comes from murphy who spliced a couple pipes together to make a complete " J " pipe lol

Offroadfabworks said:
wreckerman893 said:
comes from murphy who spliced a couple pipes together to make a complete " J " pipe lol
I resemble that remark. :lol:

bmH1065

Thanks, I would like to replace with right part. I will take some pictures. The guy I bought it from had done a lot of work to it and always kept it inside. I could keep it in my moms barn but she has peacocks that like to make a mess of things. He painted the front half in gloss OD and gave me 2 1/2 gallons of paint. Didn't like gloss at first but do now.