• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just figured I put new GP in my m1008 and...

K9Vic

One broke off inside the block just after I had pulled one that was swollen. Well I then had to pull the injector and was lucky to see it and use a pliers to pull it out in one piece. Should have taken a picture, but just wanted to get it fixed. Plus it was on the passenger side, so I had remove the rear battery tray to get to it easier. Oh well, best that it did not happen while it was running.

Then after I go it back together realized the driver alt belt was too loose and slapping on the radiator hose shield. By this time it was dark and not able to finish after getting the belts, so have to finish in the AM. So a long weekend working on three CUCV and still have to do GP one one more.

Always, with out this site great knowledge base, I would never have never known how to work on these truck on my own. So thanks to all that contribute with their know how on CUCV repairs.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks