• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got home from recovering 4 MEP002'S

AVFD8

I just got home from recovering a trailer, 2 m116a2's with MEP002's, 2 MEP002's, and a ton of tools. One of the trailer mounted generators looks to be new with only 9 hours on the meter. The 2 generators were wraped in plastic and had the accessories with them. Those meters were in the 1300- 1700 range
009.jpg015.jpg016.jpg010.jpg011.jpg012.jpg013.jpg014.jpg

AVFD8

I will keep you all posted of my progress. The fellow at Letterkenny DRMO placed them on the trailer with a fork lift. I'm going to hoist them off with an excavator today.

Last edited:

AVFD8

I am intrigued on the trailer.... double pintle? interesting, I am sure that the towing was a little slower than highway speeds..

Nice Recovery
I picked up the trailer at Aberdeen. The upper lunette ring was on the trailer already. I knew it was mounted too high and did not think that I would be able to remove it so I brought one with me so I could match the height of the pick up. I also had to change the plug on the light cord. All the lights and trailer brakes worked. The original light cord plugged into a converter box so a MV light cable could plug into it. I was able to maintain 70 mph with the loaded trailer. I did slow down going down the hills.

Last edited:

AVFD8

These were goverment surplus for the village I work for. I got them unloaded today.Sorry the camera battery was dead. I had to unload the 2 trailers were the excavator was 2 miles up the road from the shop. After I towed them to the shop I started to check them out. 1 has only 9.3 hours and had the TM's for the generator and the trailer as well as the testing paperwork when it was reset at Letterkenny. The 2 that were wrapped have new accessories strapped to them. Those 2 have 315 and 516 hours on them. The forth one has 3600 or so hours on it. It is the only one with rust in the fuel tank. It has batteries with dates of Sept. 11 on them that are still charged.(I stole 1to use as a break away bateery on the trailer for the trip home.) They all have new oil in them. I'll have to wait a few days to try to start them. I need to catch up since I was gone for 2 days.

epitts

Looks like the mil sets aside the good ones for other government agencies and even tests and services them.
Local and State government get first pick of any item that goes to DRMO, after other Federal agencys. My local Police pickup 3 Hummers and two M1009s with low miles. I will be watching for them to sell some day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks