• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just received 3 RACAL ACOUSTIC RA 5000/1/6400 Headsets and need to know what else i need to put intercom sys in cab?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was wondering if anyone knew what components i need to buy to make these headsets work as intercom system and is there a radio i can buy to transmit on that wont put me on a military channel to get me in trouble ive already got the sincars base and antenna on my fmtv but have no iseas on any of the military radio gear. Thanks

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need a VIC3 intercom system to use those headsets. FYI The headsets represent about about 1/5 to 1/8 of the cost of the entire system.

You can find more info here:

Augi
Oh thanks for cheering me up! I bet all that stuff just falls out of the sky at penies on the dollar lol Maybe i can just hang the headsets in the cab and start talking louder but Thank you for the info

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Oh thanks for cheering me up! I bet all that stuff just falls out of the sky at penies on the dollar lol Maybe i can just hang the headsets in the cab and start talking louder but Thank you for the info
Oh wow. Looks to me like that is a "whole 'nuther world" of learning. I saw something a while back on the forums that mentioned using a VIC 1 or a VIC3 that made some sort of attachment to a cell phone. Wonder if that would allow communication using a military headset?

And then possibly get the "look" without letting as many dollars fly out the window?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh wow. Looks to me like that is a "whole 'nuther world" of learning. I saw something a while back on the forums that mentioned using a VIC 1 or a VIC3 that made some sort of attachment to a cell phone. Wonder if that would allow communication using a military headset?

And then possibly get the "look" without letting as many dollars fly out the window?

You still need the Vic-3.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks